Community

article placeholder

Greg Tate remembers Tom Terrell

Hat tip to Michael Gonzales for the heads-up.  What I find really moving are all of the letters that people wrote to share not only their memories of him, but what he meant to them. Humbling....
article placeholder

Tom Terrell's Washington Post obit

Thanks to Brian Tate and the Full Spectrum crew for bringing Tom's obit to my attention.Mr. Terrell, whose buoyant enthusiasm led to many friendships in the music business, had a gift for discovering artists an...
article placeholder

Tom Terrell: 1950 – 2007

photo credit: Jimmy Saal Lots of things I want to update you all on, but one certainly takes precedence.  Longtime music journalist, publicist, DJ and all-around supporter of great music Tom Terrell su...
article placeholder

What do you think?

I see signs of a growing presence of Black rock in contemporary culture.  But what about you?  Do you agree?  Disagree?  Where do you think this is all heading?  Where would you like to...
article placeholder

Speak out!

My thesis: In a post-Imus world where hip hop is under attack (rightfully on some counts), the African American community needs Black rock now more than ever.  Do you agree?  Disagree?  I’d like ...
article placeholder

Ghetto Metal

Ghetto Metal, huh?  Wow.  At the very least, this challenges the assertion--backed up largely by much of Maureen Mahon's scholarly work--that Black rock has resided in the province of the Black middle...