Community

article placeholder

Party @ Don and Beth's

I'm not usually around Brooklyn over Memorial Day weekend, so I was a bit surprised to find out that there were actually a lot of parties to attend.  The one I was able to go to was being thrown by Don Palmer a...
article placeholder

Bill Bragin, "Downtown Impresario"

Really happy to see that my friend Bill Bragin got props in the New York Times today.  For those of you who don't know Bill, he's put his superb musical tastes to work in service of Festival Productions...
article placeholder

Excellence and Black literature

Here's some non-music related news: My wife, Bridgett Davis, had a piece published today on Henry Louis Gates' new Web site, The Root.  In it, she argues against the lumping of all Black novels under the t...
article placeholder

More bloggers on the crisis in Kenya

In addition to our friend Tavia's new blog on the Kenyan crisis, Emeka Okafor (who was  shouted out by EbonyJet.com for his blog on African entrepreneurship) also launched a blog on the subject called Keny...
article placeholder

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is nearly over, and it's been a day filled with laughter, family and lots of good food.  I hope your holiday has been peaceful and rejuvenating, and that you finish the year strong.  I'm ...
article placeholder

St. Clair Bourne, 1943 – 2007

One of our great documentary filmmakers, St. Clair Bourne, passed away earlier this week.  Our friends over at Audiologo have a great post that includes a New York Times profile and a link to a video ...