“The word ‘love’ is most often defined as a noun, yet all the more astute theorists of love acknowledge that we would all love better if we used it as a verb.”
Instead of a dozen roses today, how about one book of love from a dozen choices?
As a fun Valentine’s Day treat, here’s twelve books by writers with the word LOVE in the title.
1. Love, Toni Morrison
2. Baby Love, Rebecca Walker
3. A Love Noire, Erica Simone Turnipseed
4. Honey, I Love (and other love poems), Eloise Greenfield
5. It’s all Love –Black Writers on Soul Mates, Family and Friends, Marita Golden
6. Gorilla My Love, Toni Cade Bambara
7. Love Supreme: Real Life Stories of Black Love, TaRessa and Calvin Stovall.
8. Mother Love, Rita Dove
9. Homemade Love, j. California cooper
10. All About Love, bell Hooks
11. A Love Story, Denene Millner & Nick Chiles
12. A Deeper Love Inside, Sister Souljah
Any more come to mind? What books would you add?