the label wouldn’t confirm a release date for NO LOVE DEEP WEB until “next year sometime ” . the label will be hearing the album for the first time with you.
Our first reaction? Dayyuum (In an Ice Cube/Friday kinda way)! Now, we don’t know the full story, but it seems like something that could involve any of the following:
- Label signs hot, but idiosyncratic, indie group and gets them to agree to put out TWO albums in the same year
- Group delivers one, which is released in April
- Maybe the second on took a bit longer than expected.
- Maybe group missed delivery date.
- Maybe label, entrenched as it is in industry machinery, couldn’t get things to move quickly enough on their end
- Whatever the case, group says fuck you to label, ’cause that shit they were gonna make money off of is now F.R.E.E.!
Of course, this is all just speculation on our part.