Creative Capital is now accepting online Letters of Inquiry for grants in Emerging Fields, Literature and Performing Arts. The deadline for submitting inquiries is March 1 at 4:00pm EST. Visit creative-capital.org/apply to learn more about the application process, read the grant guidelines and access the Inquiry Form.
Creative Capital provides integrated financial and advisory support to artists pursuing innovative and adventurous projects. Acting as a catalyst for the development of exceptional and imaginative ideas, we support artists whose work is provocative, timely and relevant; who are deeply engaged with their art forms and demonstrate a rigorous commitment to their craft; who are boldly original and push the boundaries of their genre; and who create work that carries the potential to reshape the cultural landscape. Selected grantees receive up to $50,000 in direct support for their project and advisory services valued at more than $40,000.
To be eligible to apply, an artist must be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- At least 25 years old
- A working artist with at least five years of professional experience
- Not a full-time student
Applicants are invited to attend an in-person or online information session to learn more about the process.
Upcoming info sessions:
- Philadelphia, PA: Friday, February 3, 12:30pm, The Painted Bride, 230 Vine Street.
- ONLINE WEBINAR: Thursday, February 9, 3:00-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Houston, TX: Thursday, February 9, 7:30pm, DiverseWorks Arts Space, 1117 East Fwy.
- Washington, DC: Friday, February 10, 12:30pm, Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater, 1101 6th Street SW.
- Baltimore, MD: Saturday, February 11, 12:00pm, MICA PLACE, 814 North Collington Ave.
- Tucson, AZ: Saturday, February 11, 2:00pm, Tucson Pima Arts Council Large Conference Room, 100 N Stone Ave. #303.
- Tempe, AZ: Sunday, February 12, 2:00pm, ASU Memorial Union Building, 1290 S. Normal Ave., Room MU 246.
- San Francisco, CA: Tuesday, February 14, 6:00pm, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Large Conference Room, enter at 130 3rd Street.
- New York, NY: Thursday, February 16, 12:30pm, New York Live Arts, 219 W 19th Street.
- ONLINE WEBINAR: Friday, February 24, 12:00-1:00pm Eastern Standard Time.
About Creative Capital
Creative Capital is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing integrated financial and advisory support to artists pursuing adventurous projects in five disciplines: Emerging Fields, Film/Video, Literature, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Working in long-term partnership with artists, Creative Capital’s pioneering approach to support combines funding, counsel and career development services to enable a project’s success and foster sustainable practices for its grantees. Since its founding in 1999, Creative Capital has committed nearly $25 million in financial and advisory support to 372 projects representing 463 artists, and its Professional Development Program has reached more than 4,000 artists in 50 communities across the country. For more information, visit www.creative-capital.org.