The last time we heard from Rozz Nash-Coulon, she was fronting her hard rock quartet, Red Lotus. But it was always clear that she had the voice and the talent to explore other sounds. She's done just that with her new project that's produced and performed with her husband, Neil Coulon, and Mark Manczuk. Lush and intimate, it reminds me of Plumb, an early album by Jonatha Brook & The Story.
For those of you on the West Coast, Coulon will be there for the next few days. Here are the dates:
- Saturday, December 19th–Molly Malones, 9pm, 575 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA
- Monday, December 21st–Oakland salon concert, 7:30pm, N. Oakland, CA
- Wednesday, December 23rd–Guerrilla Cafe, 4:30pm, 1620 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA
- Sunday, December 27th–Sonoma salon concert, 7:30pm, Sonoma, CA
- Monday, December 28th–Elbo Room, 647 Valencia Street, 9pm, San Francisco, CA
The events marked "salons" are semi private affairs. However, if you'd like to check them out, email the band and tell them you're a Boldaslove.us reader, and they'll give you the details.
In the meantime, here's a taste of their warm sound.