SXSW bound

Sxsw2009mu

Last week, I got my official invitation to be on a panel at this year's South by Southwest Music conference.  I'm excited because this will be my first time at the festival.  The panel is being organized by my friend and music journalist par excellence Kandia Crazy Horse.  Originally, it was supposed to take place on Saturday, March 21, but now it's been moved to Thursday, March 19.

The working title of the session? White Music for Black People.  Nice nod to Apollo Heights, if you ask me.

More details to come, but if you're going to be down there, let's hook up!

6 Responses to “SXSW bound” Subscribe

1. Gregory J Amani Smith January 29, 2009 at 17:17 #

You should look me up. I live in Austin and can show you around. Get in touch if you like.

2. Rob Fields January 29, 2009 at 21:47 #

Much appreciated. Let’s be in touch closer to the panel.

3. Stone January 30, 2009 at 09:36 #

Hey man, let’s connect. I’m definitely going to be down there this year.

4. Rob Fields January 30, 2009 at 10:16 #

Very cool. We’ll make it happen!

5. Lainad January 30, 2009 at 10:54 #

Congrats Rob! Congrats Kandia!

You will definitely have to post lots of pics! As a SXSW vetran, I guarantee you are going to have an awesome time.

6. Sofia Talvik February 4, 2009 at 07:58 #

Hi Rob.
    I’ll be showcasing my music at SXSW. Got one performance set and waiting for the other official time.
    I’m a swedish up-n-coming singer/songwriter who performed at the big Lollaplooza festvial in Chicago last year.
    Feel free to drop me a line. I’ll keep in touch if you want to come by and watch the showcase.

/Sofia Talvik