The Bold As Love Channel–Multimedia Black rock

* * *Regular posts continue below* * *

m4s0n501

8 Responses to “The Bold As Love Channel–Multimedia Black rock” Subscribe

1. Rob July 30, 2008 at 05:59 #

Nice video. Look, I started listening to Rock in the mid-sixties. Growing up in a college town helped me spread my wings musically. Have no fear young brother, do your what you love to do. Don’t let anyone bind you into to something you don’t want to do.

Try this site: http://www.sheermusic.co.za/ out, there’s a world of good music out there.

Peace be with you, Rob

2. Rob Fields July 30, 2008 at 17:56 #

Rob, thanks for stopping by and for the kind words of encouragement. Will check out the link, too!

3. andre August 5, 2008 at 03:33 #

I’m sorry, but it said Nona Hendryx , Interview, where the fuck is that. Hearing Rob Fields speak about Black Rock is boring, where are all the fucking bands, then, sheesh, im tired of that shit, start playing some music

4. Rob Fields August 5, 2008 at 08:03 #

Andre, I hear you. I can see why it seems misleading. The videos in the player are edited from a longer video of an event that I hosted a year ago at which Nona talked and performed. I will be importing them into this player over time. However, in the meantime, you can find the videos on my YouTube page here:

5. Josh Allain September 26, 2008 at 23:00 #

Hey, Mr. Rob Fields! This is Josh Allain, Afro-American, currently a senior at Upper Darby High School in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, artist, and diehard metal/classic rock fan. Just here to tell you that this is an awesome website or blog! I agree with you definitely. The masses need to know about the Black experience in ROCK MUSIC right now! It’s time to give hip hop/R&B a break!!! Keep me posted at jdrawj@yahoo.com . Again, thanks for the website!!!

6. Josh Allain September 26, 2008 at 23:04 #

Oh! And we, the Black rock community, need to remind the masses that Afro-Americans INVENTED rock music, AND Jimi Hendrix helped pioneer heavy metal, along with Cream, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath!!!

7. andre October 29, 2008 at 12:39 #

two posts above shutup, hiphop doesnt need to take a break, shit music needs to take a break, there is plenty of hiphop out there thats good, there is plenty of rock out there thats good and shitty, we should know everything about the black experience, or whatever you want to call it, but shitty hiphop is the only kind being mass produced, nothing serious, serious stuff needs to have that freedom too, as well as good rock, some rock is shitty , sorry to tell you that, but it is, some rock is redundant just like crappy hiphop

8. Halleberry October 27, 2009 at 19:56 #

Whine,whine,whine,and fucking whine some more that’s all you all do!! Who gives a shit!! You all rambling on INCESSANTLY about rap and hip-hop as if the very esscence of black people’s lives will be ‘saved’ if we ‘repair’ hip-hop is not only tiresome and stupid it’s playing RIGHT into racist bullshit. NObody and I mean NOBODY gave a c-r-a-p about rap until WHITE KIDS started listening now everyone and momma want to play ‘polly and peter pureheart’ because god KNOWS we don’t get those images from ANY other medium sheesh!! Spare me if you all have a problem then that’s YOUR damn problem and maybe you should spend less time whining and more time working on your OWN DAMN STUFF! Furthermore what the FUCK does hip-hop have to do with rock music anyway?!! For your info rap is NOT the only thing black kids listen to so cut the holier than bullshit.